Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Technology Smechnology

Technology's really got me bumming today. I cannot access the internet on my school computer, so all those papers I was going to download and print out are going to have to wait. I'd do them on my home computers, but they're all dying a slow, painful death as well. The worn out laptop on which I'm writing this blog post is slow as molasses and pretty wonky, but it's all I've got right now. I just needed to vent about this because everything I've touched both yesterday and today has pretty much fallen apart in my hands. Not a good feeling. Oh, and I'm not just talking about technology, either. The food I tried to make for dinner last night literally crumbled in my hands. I gave up and went to bed around 9 pm last night simply because I couldn't take any more epic fail in my life.

So this afternoon, I tried to connect again. Still not working. I asked the tech guys at school why. They don't know. No reason for this. Really? They threw out a few suggestions, and I have to admit, it felt good to say I'd already tried all of those things. Then again, it made me feel bad because I'd already tried those things and I still can't connect to the internet.

So tonight, I'll spend time safeguarding the stuff on my school computer, backing up or moving files, and getting it ready for what may have to be an overhaul. In the meantime, I've got to end this post...this computer is driving me crazy.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you! My computer is so old that it takes forever to download anything. Mark tried setting me up with a new/old computer of his, but it is missing many of the programs I need to open files and view videos... which stinks!


    Good luck getting everything up and running properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you too, Laurie. Paul fixed my school computer so I can get to my online stuff from home, and the home computers need to be replaced as soon as the income tax refund comes in. Fortunately, there are always tons of sales, which is why it's cheaper to replace than to repair at this point.

    ReplyDelete